For a gourmet lunch or dinner, maybe in the company of friends and loved ones, why not try the potato pie and see for yourself that you won’t regret it? This truly delicious dish can also be reheated for a different and delightful breakfast to start your day with a smile.
Serving this dish during main meals will undoubtedly bring happiness to the whole family. They will enjoy a complete, healthy, and authentic meal, enriched with flavorful mushrooms. Let’s take a look at how to prepare this recipe!
Recipe for Potato and Mushroom Pie: Gourmet and Healthy Dinner
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 32-33 minutes
Total time: approximately 50 minutes
Servings: 10 portions
Calories: 180 per serving
– 500 g of potatoes
– 500 g of thinly sliced mushrooms
– 150 g of grated scamorza cheese
– 150 g of flour
– 50 ml of milk
– 30 g of butter
– 1 egg
– 1 grated carrot
– 1 finely chopped onion
– 1 teaspoon of salt + extra to taste
– Vegetable oil, as needed
– Black pepper, as needed
1. Start by peeling the potatoes, cutting them into cubes, steaming them, and then placing them in a bowl. Add the butter and mash the potatoes using a potato masher.
2. Next, add the milk to the mashed potatoes, mash again with the potato masher, create a small well in the center with a spatula, and add the egg. Beat the egg with a fork.
3. Mix well with a spoon, season with 1 teaspoon of salt, incorporate the sifted flour, and mix again until you have a soft and viscous mixture.
4. Once the mixture is ready, heat a non-stick pan, pour in some oil, add the onion and a pinch of salt, and fry until the onion becomes transparent. Add the carrot and another pinch of salt, and continue cooking until the carrot is browned. Transfer everything to a plate.
5. In the same non-stick pan, place the sliced mushrooms, season with salt, drizzle with oil, and mix with a spatula. Cook the mushrooms until they become tender, season with black pepper, and brown them to perfection.
6. Now, line the edge of a 22 centimeter diameter springform pan with parchment paper. Spread the potato mixture on the bottom using an oiled spoon. Top it with half of the cooked mushrooms, onions, and carrots, followed by the remaining mushrooms. Cover the pan with aluminum foil.
7. Finally, place the pan in a preheated oven at 180°C and bake for 25 minutes. Once done, garnish with scamorza cheese and bake for an additional 7-8 minutes.
I am a web editor specialized in people news. I am passionate about the world of celebrity and I love to follow the latest trends, scoops and gossip that make the buzz