Originally published a few seconds ago by Sophie Martinez | Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Cherry Clafoutis is a traditional French dessert, originating from Limousin. This grandmother’s recipe is a real delight, combining the sweetness of cherries with the lightness of a flan-like batter. Let’s discover together how to prepare this indulgent and comforting dessert.
To make this Grandmother’s Cherry Clafoutis recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 600g of cherries
- 4 eggs
- 100g of sugar
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 125g of flour
- 25cl of milk
- 50g of melted butter
- A pinch of salt
These ingredients are easy to find in any supermarket. Make sure the cherries are ripe for maximum flavor.
Preparing the Clafoutis
The preparation for the Grandmother’s Cherry Clafoutis is quite simple and does not require any special cooking skills. Here are the steps to follow:
- Rinse and stem the cherries. You can choose to pit them or not, depending on your preference.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (Thermostat 6).
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with sugar and vanilla sugar until you get a foamy mixture.
- Add flour and salt, then mix well.
- Incorporate milk and melted butter into the preparation. Mix until you get a smooth and homogeneous batter.
- Arrange the cherries at the bottom of a buttered mold, then pour the batter over them.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. The clafoutis should be golden and firm to touch.
After cooking, let the clafoutis cool before enjoying it. You can sprinkle it with powdered sugar for an extra touch of indulgence.
Tips for a Successful Clafoutis
To make your Grandmother’s Cherry Clafoutis successful, here are some tips:
- Select well-ripened and juicy cherries. Black cherries are especially suitable for this recipe.
- If you decide to pit the cherries, do it carefully not to damage the fruits.
- Don’t overbeat the batter to avoid it becoming too elastic.
- Keep an eye on cooking: The clafoutis should be golden but not overly baked to stay moist inside.
By following these tips, you will get a delicious cherry clafoutis that will please both little and big gourmands.
The Grandmother’s Cherry Clafoutis is a dessert best enjoyed warm. You can accompany it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or custard for even more indulgence. Don’t hesitate to prepare this dessert the day before; it will only get better after a night in the refrigerator. And above all, take time to savor this traditional dessert, symbolizing conviviality and sharing. Enjoy your meal!
I am a web editor specialized in people news. I am passionate about the world of celebrity and I love to follow the latest trends, scoops and gossip that make the buzz