When a person wants to maintain a healthy lifestyle, whether to lose weight or to maintain it, it is necessary to take into account a series of considerations and follow certain guidelines.
Among the most common recommendations of experts is the use of infusions, which have many beneficial properties for health. Infusions are healthy and, in many cases, help you lose weight, although it is necessary to know which ones to use to achieve better results. In this case, we will focus on explaining how to drink green tea to speed up your metabolism and lose weight quickly.
What is green tea and what is it used for?
Green tea is a product derived from Camellia sinensis, native to Southeast Asia, and which has become the second most consumed beverage in the world, behind water. This is not surprising given its excellent properties and numerous health benefits.
It provides many nutrients and antioxidants with different effects on the body, starting with the fact that it is an excellent natural fat burner that has thermogenic capacity. It thus promotes rapid weight loss and accelerated metabolism. Additionally, it is low in calories and rich in vitamins A, B, C and E, as well as calcium, magnesium and potassium. It also contains substances such as theophylline, theine, xanthine, adenine and theobromine.
The benefits of green tea for weight loss
- It helps lose weight: green tea contains catechin, a substance that directly influences the reduction of body weight and LDL cholesterol, in addition to having powerful antioxidant effects. By simply drinking a cup of tea, in an hour you will burn 10% more calories, making it an excellent ally in getting rid of extra pounds.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties: thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, it helps prevent damage to the system responsible for regulating appetite in the brain, which helps prevent obesity.
- Promotes digestion: the caffeine present in green tea is a stimulant that helps us stay awake, improving brain function and intelligence, but it is also very useful for treating excess weight by having a stimulating effect on the central nervous system .
- Natural fat burner: Compounds in green tea speed up metabolism and burn calories faster. It has a powerful diuretic effect and promotes the elimination of fluids.
- Reduces stress: some of its components like L-theanine contribute to the reduction of stress, an aspect that is also key for weight loss, because sometimes stress makes you eat more than you should.
- Improves physical performance: by accelerating metabolism, green tea allows the body to obtain more energy, thereby improving physical performance. This is especially beneficial when exercising to lose weight or stay fit.
- It is good for the heart: different studies have been able to confirm that green tea has benefits for heart health, by fighting against the formation of free radicals in the body and preventing atherosclerosis, as well as reducing the levels cholesterol and blood sugar. It also reduces the risk of heart attacks, helps control hypertension and delays aging.
How to Drink Green Tea to Speed Up Your Metabolism and Lose Weight Fast
Once you know the different benefits of green tea, it is important to know how to take it in order to speed up your metabolism and lose weight quickly. To do this, you will need 250 ml of water and 2.5 grams of green tea. Follow these steps:
- Pour the water into a saucepan and heat it until boiling.
- If you have loose leaf green tea, place it in an individual infuser or teapot infuser. When the water boils, pour the tea into the infuser and wait two or three minutes. If using a tea bag, add the hot water to a cup, then add the bag and wait two or three minutes again.
- After this time, you can enjoy your green tea and benefit from all its health benefits.
It is best to drink green tea between meals, at least an hour after eating, so as not to harm iron absorption. Choose a sugar-free diet and don’t forget to drink three cups of green tea per day for best results. However, it should be noted that its consumption is not recommended in case of allergy to caffeine or xanthines, as well as for people suffering from serious cardiovascular disorders, epilepsy, peptic ulcer, breastfeeding, during pregnancy, children under 12 years old.
I am a student and I am part of the editorial staff of joehovasmf.com. I have the chance to enjoy writing, however, I also like to discuss all subjects and especially anything related to Science.