The stomach is considered the human body’s second brain, as it has a large number of neurons located in the digestive tract. This underlines the importance of maintaining a healthy, balanced diet.
Tomatoes: the perfect vegetable for weight loss
There’s a vegetable that’s perfect for losing weight and that we can include in many of our daily meals. What’s more, you’re closer to it than you think: we’re talking about the tomato.
It’s one of the most widely used foods in world cuisine, it’s accessible to everyone, you can find it in any supermarket and its flavor is unrivaled.
It has multiple health benefits: it contains antioxidant properties, helps eliminate toxins from the body and balances the body’s cholesterol levels.
Nutritional value of tomatoes
It’s a source of minerals, fiber and vitamins. It also functions as an excellent detoxifier, cleanser and natural fat burner for the body, so it will help you if your goal is to lose weight.
It’s a low-fat vegetable, so it’s ideal to add to your recipes, and it contains lycopene, a plant pigment that gives it its characteristic red color. It’s the active ingredient in tomatoes, and belongs to the carotenoid family.
Diuretic properties of tomatoes for slimming
- It is satiating: it contains a large quantity of water and generates a satiety effect. With a small portion, you’ll feel full and, in this way, you can reduce the portions you eat. At the same time, it’s high in fiber.
- Low-calorie: 100 grams of tomato contain just 23 calories. This means you don’t have to worry about portion sizes, as you can eat as much as you like. What’s more, it contains no cholesterol, saturated fat or sodium.
- Fat-burning: Contains vitamin C and lycopene, components that help lipid metabolism to function properly. This, in turn, helps burn fat and convert it into energy.
- Purifies and detoxifies: Tomatoes help drain fluids accumulated in the body and eliminate toxins that hinder weight loss.
- Improves intestinal transit: The high levels of fiber contained in tomatoes promote intestinal transit and the digestive process. This eliminates waste and toxins and prevents intestinal constipation. In turn, it is a good laxative for cases of constipation.
Simple recipes to include tomatoes in our diet
Including tomatoes in our daily diet is very simple, as it’s a very versatile food that can work as both a side dish and a main course. What’s more, it’s perfect for summer meals.
A simple-to-make option that offers great results is to eat tomato soup for lunch and dinner.
The ingredients we need to make the recipe are:
- 2 fresh ripe tomatoes.
- Juice of half a lemon.
- 400 ml water.
First we need to wash the tomatoes and cut them into medium-sized pieces, then blend them and add the lemon juice and water. Once everything is mixed, we run it through the blender and that’s it.
If you prefer it to have a smoother texture, you can always strain it and remove the lumps.
You can also add two cloves of garlic and a few basil or mint leaves, to vary the recipe and avoid getting bored.
I am a web editor specialized in people news. I am passionate about the world of celebrity and I love to follow the latest trends, scoops and gossip that make the buzz